Wednesday, July 17, 2013

SDCC 2013: Gris Grimly Returns

HERE IS YOUR SAN DIEGO COMIC CON REPORT!
Thirteen years ago, I brought the MCP store to San Diego Comic Con for the first time. For the next ten years, I attended SDCC as an artist/vender. But in 2010, I hung up my hat to pursue other interests. Three years later, I'm back, bringing the best MCP has to offer.

With my new book Frankenstein coming out in August, I convinced my editor at Harper Collins to release a limited number of copies to sell at SDCC. Get this 200 illustrated page magnum opus (that took me four years to complete) before anyone else. We have a limited number available for pre-release. Get them before they sell out.
The first 100 books sold will come with a signed and numbered limited edition mini print- FREE! How killer is that!
I've also released three volumes of a DIY zine documenting the four year process of creating Frankenstein. These punk-zine-inspired journals take you behind the mad man as I slaved away in the crypt. They include multiple photos, sketches, concept art, thought process, frustrations and other raw materials that are quite personal. A great companion to your new copy of Frankenstein.
We will also be premiering a new shirt inspired by the book. "WE SHALL BE MONSTERS" is a quote taken from the monster's words in the storie. Being a society of the misunderstood, we can proudly wear this shirt. Get it while you can at SDCC.
Everybody loves buttons. That's why I created five new buttons based on the art, logos and words from the book Frankenstein. Get one or get them all.
I'm thrilled to be premiering my new FOX approved print of Sideshow Bob from the Simpsons. This limited edition signed and numbered giclee is titled "Journey into the mind of a psychopath killer" (which happens to be a line from an Eminem song). I will also have the original available for sale.
Speaking of originals: I will have a few new originals available for sale. These include "Grave Robbin' USA" "Crow Jane" "Itchy Trigger Finger" "All Eyes On You" and a whole suitcase more. Come by the booth and see these monstrosities...LIVE...and IN PERSON. You may end up taking one home with you.

A SDCC exclusive is the new BLACK ON BLACK Society of Grave Robbers t-shirt. For years, I've been told at this show that I should release t-shirts with the SoGR logo on it. Well, in 2010 I did. Unfortunately, I have not been to comic con since. This is your chance. Not only will we have the BLACK ON BLACK but we will also have the classic white print on black that fiends have come to love.
Every year at SDCC we would release a new tote. This year, it is the beloved insignia for the Society of Grave Robbers. Get this bag to carry your loot around the show. Or just spend enough money at our booth and I'll throw it in for free. That's how we roll.
Along with all this new killer merch, we will be carrying classic books, circus punks, buckles, Pinocchio sculpts and DVDs. We will have prints including the recent Star Wars prints I released with ACME Archives. I will be doing $100 commissions (based on availability). Just ask about it. We will also be setting up a shoe display for my line in conjunction with Bettie Page shoes. Order forms will be available for those with impulsive shopping habits. We will not let you down.
That's all for now. With the show starting...TODAY, I apologize for the delay in getting this out to you. But I've been really busy putting this all together. Come find me at the MCP booth 4213. I hope to see you soon.
Until next time.
Be Grim!
Gris Grimly

No comments :

Post a Comment