Wednesday, January 13, 2010

What You Can Do to Help Haiti

If you've looked around the internet, your head would swim as you attempt to sift through dozens of pages, just to find out how you can donate money or goods to the effort.  I'm attempting to sift through that mess and present it here.  If you know of a link that will make it easy for people to get involved, please share it here.

From your cell phone:

Text YELE to 501501 to donate 5 dollars to Earthquake Relief
Text HAITI to 90999 & $10 will be donated to RedCross charged 2 your cell bill

Donations:


YELE Earthquake Relief Fund

International Medical Corps
American Red Cross
Save The Children
UNICEF
Doctors Without Borders
Partners in Health


Creative people helping:


From Mark Wheaton @mgwheaton on Twitter : If you were going to buy the Cleaners trade today, DON'T. Send the money to Haiti and I'll send you the trade for free autographed and all. Yeah, you'll have to forward me your receipt and all, but I'll pay shipping.  So it doesn't decimate me financially, I'll probably have to limit that to around 100, but you get the idea.

No comments :

Post a Comment